Sunday, October 9, 2011

Embracing Embarrassment

FINE! I DIDN'T KNOW WHO KURT COBAIN AND MICK JAGGER WERE!

Last night, my cousin and my sister were talking about celebrities who turned out to be drug addicts. Their conversation went on and it reached Kurt Cobain. And I think my sister asked me if I know who he was and I immediately answered no. What am I supposed to say? I really don't. My sister was like "Hindi mo kilala? Ano ka ba?!". So I had to find out. My research told me that he was the lead singer and guitarist of the band Nirvana. And hey! He died when I was 3 so I'm not so guilty...maybe. I'm glad that I know him now though. :) 

Now this is more embarrassing. My sister watched the music video of Moves Like Jagger which I haven't seen until I replayed it. I was so shocked to find out that the Jagger the song talks about is actually a person. All this time, I thought the song's all about a baby jaguar! I feel so stupid! I felt like my sisters wanted to kill me! haha "Mau! Ano ka ba!" "Pati si Kurt Cobain hindi din n'ya kilala. Palibhasa puro Glee ang alam e." HAHA it was funny but it was also embarrassing 'cause they're famous people. Now I know that Jagger is the lead vocalist of The Rolling Stone. 

I tweeted this earlier "all this time I thought the "jagger" Maroon Five's talking about is the baby jaguar. haha sheeeeeeeeesh :|" and I got 2 responses and they are "@lj_pena  baby jaguar??" and "@carissaantonio  Hahahaha jaguar? Kaya kita loves krantsi eh! :))" 


C'mon, guys! I didn't know! SORRY! :||

1 comment:

  1. melaXUE
    @maueethegleek its a crime against music its like not knowing who the john lennon is. :) do you know john lennon?

    ReplyDelete