Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dagim




I'm a big fan of Marc and I have a huge crush on him. [yes first name basis. haha] He starred on an indie film Dagim last November. Of course I watched the film at EDSA Shang and I watched it ALONE. My heart was honestly pounding before the film started because I've seen posters through @MarcAbaya's tweets. [follow him on twitter @MarcAbaya]



Here's my movie ticket. wala gusto ko lang ipakita. haha



***Dagim was an official entry for Cinema One Originals 2010 starring Marc Abaya, Martin del Rosario, Rita Iringan and Samuel Quintana under the direction of Joaquin Pedro Valdes [follow him on twitter @jpedrovaldes].


I know I should have done this before to help the film but I was not yet blogging then. Anyway, I thought it was a horror film but it wasn't. I think it was suspense-thriller. There's a difference, right? 

It was about two brothers (Diego and Jun) that were left by their father or should I say whose father disappeared. They lived in a rural area. They decided to look for their father. They met a pretty but mysterious young lady, Lila, along the way and went with her in the mountain where she lived. There they meet the tribe which Lila is a member and which Pido is sort of the leader. Pido showed great hospitality and welcomed them dearly. Jun was infatuated to live there with the tribe where it is far from civilization. Little did they know that the tribe practices cannibalism. But by the Jun realized the secret, it might be too late for them for Diego was about to be initiated as the newest member of the tribe. 

At first I thought the tribe was a rebel. Well...it's not. It practices cannibalism.

A very well executed film. :))

The tribe has a song which I can't decide if it's creepy or inspiring. The song goes: 
Tag-ulan o tag-araw malayo ang lakbay.
Sa bundok o sa baybay hawak kapit kamay.
The lyrics inspire me but the way they sing it, I don't know. :// yikes! haha

Pido threw a line in the film saying:
Lakas lang ang nakakapaghiganti. Kahinaan ang magpasawalang kibo
A strong and heavy line. Very deep.

I saved the lyrics and Pido's line in my cellphone. hihihihi ;)

It was a good movie.

This movie is an art. Good actors. Good director. Good execution. 

Marc Abaya was scary, oh yes he was. BUT was still cute. hihi

I can't deny that the brothers, Martin del Rosario and Samuel Quintana, were so believable!! 

And Rita Iringan was so alluring. 

[sorry for being biased. hahaha please understand =p]

I'd recommend this movie because it'll make you think. Do tribes like that really exist? 

I personally think that this movie communicates the message about brotherhood and trust. Through this movie I realize the beauty of indie films. 



P.S.
I love Marc. 


I love  hehe

for more pictures and information about Dagim click the links :))
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dagim-Raincloud/136255489725447
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagim

3 comments: