Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grown Ups

**Today. My definition of today begins from the time I wake up and ends when I finally plan to sleep. 


It was not of my intention to create a blog today since my day started with shocking news. ;p Anyway, I went biking today with my cousins, niece and sister. And so we were biking, biking, biking, biking, biking until we got to the wheat fields. It was very windy, and green. We had experienced a different kind of fun. Fun without the internet, computers, and TV. 


And then I remembered the movie Grown Ups. The parents grew up with normal childhood while Lenny's (Adam Sandler's) kids grew up using gadget and playing with them. [wenk wenk =p] Lenny brought them in this lake house and they begun to see what real fun is. They began to play what normal kids play and actually play with normal kids. 


I lived a very normal childhood. I played out in the streets. I played patintero, taguan, tumabang preso. Name it and I swear I've gone through that.


What really got me thinking by our experience today was the fact that kids today do not know what real fun is. Do kids today know what patintero is? Do they know what baka moro is? Maybe some, yes. But majority of them is innocent of that. Kids' definition of fun is playing DOTA, playing PSP, watching this, watching that, etc. :( But the real fun is out there. Out their houses, there in the streets, even in the field maybe. Fun is when one realizes something from what he/she is doing. Fun is when one discovers something fruitful like the history of something for example.

It is indeed deep of me to create blogs like these.  But this is reality. It's sad to say that this is what's out there.


4 comments:

  1. I miss patintero! Fun for kids today is spending hours and hours in front of the PC :/ Akala mo sobrang tanda to comment such, but it's true. When I was their age, I was playing outdoors, patintero, hide and seek and the good ol' piko.

    Out of topic, ang dami nang 3M2 na nag-bblog. Bored much? Haha!

    ♥ Erika
    http://shesidainty.tumblr.com
    http://www.shopdainty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ako din. lagi akong nasa labas. haha =p ang saya kaya =p

    hahaha yeah! boredom! =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! mukhang msayang gumawa ng blog. hahaha! maybe next time! :P good night insan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gawa ka din ulit. nagbablog ka din dati diba? :)) go go. inom later.

    ReplyDelete