Sunday, September 30, 2012

Perks of Being a Wallflower FILM ADAPTATION



I love the film. Honestly! And not so many movies that I've seen received applause as the credits come out. Well, only The Hunger Games and it was an advance screening. I watched Perks of Being a Wallflower on a REGULAR SCREENING!

It was well...should I say executed? And we all know that in a movie adaptation, not every scene, not every page, and in this case, not every letter of the book would be included. There are a lot of letters from the book that I really, really, REALLY wanted to see in the film. I was being a critic as I was watching the film. It was just so well done that I think I'm not mad of the fact that I didn't see what I wanted to see. (Am I being redundant of what I am saying/writing? hahaha)

Scenes I love:


  • EVERYTHING!--shocker


Scenes I would have loved to see (and imagined to be included in the movie):
  • Candice being mad at Charlie for catching her and her boyfriend having sex on the couch
  • Charlie telling Sam that he dreamed about them having sex 
  • Sam telling Patrick about Charlie's dream
  • Candice asking Charlie to accompany her to a check-up ('cause she taught she was pregnant)
  • Charlie smoking
  • Charlie telling Sam about him seeing a girl being raped
  • Charlie going to his Aunt Helen's grave
  • Charlie telling Bob that Candice's boyfriend hit her and she gets mad at Charlie
  • Charlie telling Candice he loves her and Candice saying it back
  • Charlie saying "Oh my God!" "Tomorrow's a school day!!"
  • Charlie meeting Bob and Bob's wife
  • Family gatherings
  • Charlie and Patrick going to the park
  • Charlie meeting the sports guy on TV news in the park
  • Charlie telling his family about what the sports guy told him about his brother
  • Them emphasizing that Charlie gave Sam and Patrick books he read and owned (it was shown that he gave Sam books he owned but it wasn't shown that he gave the rest to Patrick)

I know. I know. It would be a long film right? :) I know if I keep remembering what I was thinking when I was watching the movie, this blog would be too long. And I am being to wordy right now! It's just that, I really, really love this book. I scan it sometimes and read a letter. As I've written in another blog, I feel like I have a friend named Charlie. How I wish he could write me more letters. 

When I saw the trailer I hated the idea that Patrick was an outed gay. Because when I read the book, I saw him as a regular guy and I got shocked when it came to the point of knowing that Patrick and Brad were kissing! (Or maybe it was just me?) But in the movie, Patrick was okay. He was so cute. Ezra Miller was good!

As for Sam, Emma Watson, I imagined her as a wilder girl. But, whatever! I love her even before! :) 

I...we even thought that Logan Lerman being Charlie wouldn't be good because Charlie is a loser while Logan Lerman is this hot and handsome guy. He acted so well that him being hot and handsome didn't matter. It was Charlie in Logan's body! Really! 

The movie gave justice to the book. Well...Stephen Chbosky being the director, right? 

I cried while reading the book and cried while watching the movie!!!! It was great! It was BEAUTIFUL.

MUST WATCH!

1 comment: